Position: DACS/LabVIEW Software Engineer
Company & Mission
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
The DACS/LabVIEW Software engineer is responsible for designing, maintaining, and improving our customized LabVIEW based Data Acquisition and Control System (DACS) that supports testing operations. Successful applicants will be able to gather customer and team requirements to architect, develop, and deploy a solution. They will work on optimization of software to drive better usability and automation with our testing process and procedures. The software engineer is a self-starter and a team player with the enthusiasm to venture into unknown areas to make the system work. They also have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced startup culture. The software engineer must also be a thoughtful, careful individual who can think critically, and operate with meticulous cognitive ability around hazardous systems. Based on the needs of the company the software engineer may be expected to be part of the hot fire test crew as a secondary role.
- Design, build, and maintain National Instruments PXI/RIO Data Acquisition and Control Systems (DACS)
- Identify hardware requirements and compatibility
- Assemble, setup, and validate DACS hardware configurations
- Work with test instrumentation and control components: pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, and accelerometers
- Troubleshoot DACS hardware related problems
- Benchmark system performance
- Develop, document, and maintain LabVIEW based software applications and utilities to support propulsion testing operations
- Full life cycle software development
- Software testing, quality assurance, and benchmarking
- Create and evaluate user graphical interfaces and provide feedback to advance design to a next level of usability, clarity, and effectiveness
- Drive the architecture to be focused on test automation
- Integration of new features into existing systems
- Develop and maintain C/C++ .dll modules
- Provide technical support for testing operations
- Collaborate with team to develop solutions to complex problems
- Team player working effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Efficiently resolve issues with data acquisition to meet the needs of the customer and test team.
- Create and maintain software development standards
- Develop a usable multi-programmer architecture
- Evaluate and learn new systems, technologies, and architectures to reduce development time, increase reliability, and streamline operations
- Fulfill multiple project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Part of the hot fire test crew, supporting various systems associated with testing.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Physics and engineering majors with strong programming backgrounds are encouraged to apply)
- Broad experience with computer science, data structures, algorithms, software design and applications
- 2+ years of LabVIEW programming experience
- Proficient in C/C++
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to details
- Capacity to work effectively and communicate in team environments
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Willing and eager to learn an engineering system outside of their typical skill-set
- Passionate about propulsion technology. AMPT is an advanced, fast moving scientific facility. Applicants who are not passionate about propulsion science will not enjoy the work ethic necessary to be successful.
- Candidate must be a US citizen
- Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) certification
- Experience with R-series/RIO systems (AMPT exclusively operates FPGAs in a LabVIEW environment)
- Experience with complex and efficient Graphical User Interface (GUI) architectures and coding and are able to capture more than a picture but the full environment and experience.
- Understanding of basic computer networking (TCP/IP, UDP, firewalls)
What You'll Love About Us:
- 100% of monthly premiums paid by employer for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your dependents
- Paid Holidays, Unlimited Sick leave, Vacation Pay, Paid Federal Holidays, Sabbatical Leave
- Company Sponsored Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Maternity/Parental/Adoption Leave, and More…
- 401K contributions match at 4% of your salary
- Company stock options
- Employee referral program
- Learning & Development - allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, trainings, certifications, tuition reimbursement
- Company get-together and team outings
- We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.