Very rarely can someone say I am working on the first and only of its kind and it's helping billions!
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Texas
This global broadband space network is helping billions that face connectivity gaps across the world. Allowing people in remote locations to get connected to the world securely on unmodified cellular devices.
If you want to be part of this ground breaking company then you are in luck because they are looking for a senior manufacturing engineer to join/ lead the team. This position will suit someone who has worked in aerospace manufacturing who has come up through a machining/ tooling background and loves to work on the full lifecycle of manufacturing. You get to work on R&D whilst manufacturing so you will get stuck into Cost improvements, cutting down on time delivery, quality, testing, developing new processes and equipment from capital right down to hand tools.
If you like being hands and very technical with a production mindset then this will be right up your ally. You will work across a wide spectrum of metallic and non metallic parts including carbon fibre, 3D printing polymers and more.
The position is based in Midland Texas, if you aren’t familiar with the area think 4x4, big music concerts and incredible scenery. It’s like they say, everything’s bigger in Texas and that’s exactly what you get when you come and work at this state of the art satellite facility.
This is a hot bed of upcoming engineers who love what they do and love to learn, if you want to join a truly collaborative environment where everyone is mucking in for the same goal and see your creations flying around in space being launched off the back of some of the worlds most iconic rockets then drop me your updated resume to C.email@example.com we look forward to welcoming you.
Your search query
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
JOB TITLE: Vice President of Commercial and Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Marketing
SUPERVISOR: Executive VP
LOCATION: Gainesville (FL)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The VP of Sales and Marketing is responsible for establishing a formalized marketing plan and supporting business processes, including collaboration with the technical team to ensure their sales efforts are managed, including prioritizing opportunities and design, maintenance and monitoring of commercial opportunities pipeline. The VP of Sales and Marketing is ultimately responsible for ensuring the success of the company’s sales efforts.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In the role of VP of Sales and Marketing with Satlantis, the candidate will be responsible for identifying leads, pursuing leads and contacts, establishing relationships with clients and potential clients, and transitioning projects to Technical Sales and/or Technical Project Managers as appropriate. Also, he/she will be responsible for establishing pathways toward contracts with relevant agencies within the USG. The VP of Sales and Marketing will also serve as the lead for developing and executing a marketing strategy, including resourcing and training staff around the strategy. Additionally, the VP of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for coaching and mentoring technical sales staff.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable selling to the highest levels of client organizations, as well as managing and mentoring junior staff.
He/she will also need to have a high degree of availability for traveling to industry conferences across the country and visiting key customers on their premises.
Important abilities for success include strong written and verbal communication skills, experience in structuring and leading sales structures, development and measurement of metrics, as well as reporting results on a regular basis. A sense of urgency for results, the ability to motivate peers and teams, and a strong customer relationship management focus are required.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or another closely-related degree is preferred for this position, although candidates with five or more years of relevant experience may apply.
A minimum of 10 years experience at a senior sales level, preferably in New-Space and governmental contracts is required.
Possess the ability to travel (up to 75%) and the ability to work outside of normal working hours for customer- facing events.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs required.
Be fluent in English and possess exceptional communication skills. Fluency in a second language, particularly Spanish, is a plus.
We are looking for an experienced (10+ years) self-starter to work with a talented and dynamic technical team on the design, test, integration, deployment, and operation of spaceflight hardware. The qualified candidate will play a vital role in the success of advanced orbital programs. Within this role you will be tasked with satellite communications to a ground station or in-space network, with the unique part being tasked to also build a ground station and maintain ground level communications with that in-space network.
If you have the spacecraft part and also familiar with the ground stations and the actual hardware on earth and experience working end to end, read on and apply!
- Determine the performance of Radio Frequency (RF) communication links by analyzing link budgets, modulation methods, antenna systems, and orbital mechanics though analytical methods or by simulation tools.
- Perform Radio Frequency interference & compatibility analysis, Power Flux Density analysis, and Spectral analysis for Space based communication systems.
- Perform analysis using software such as Matlab, Simulink and Excel.
- Review Link and network layer protocols implemented on communication systems based on CCSDS recommendations.
- Perform RF emissions measurements using a spectrum analyzer.
- Write &/or review Radio Frequency communication subsystem level Interface Requirements Documents (IRD), Verification Requirements (VRs), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) for spacecrafts.
- Actively participate and contribute to Systems Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary & Critical Design Reviews, Component level reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings.
- Must have a MS or a BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Must have completed RF Communications and antenna course work.
- Must have a broad knowledge of communication systems such as digital modulation, spread spectrum signals, signal detection, and forward error correction.
- Must have a broad knowledge of antenna analysis, Power flux density, and RF propagation.
- Knowledge of network layer protocols, and experience with STK or GMAT is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
This position is based out of Huntsville, Alabama and is paying up to $200k. There is a hybrid work schedule which is 3 days in, 2 days remote.
Lead Electrical Engineer
Denver, CO /
Satellite imagery is a historically-scarce resource, whose adoption has been slowed by an unbalanced relationship between price and resolution. In theory, frequent, ultra-high-resolution imagery of Earth has near-infinite applications; in reality, only a sliver of that potential has been realized.
Albedo aims to be the catalyst in unlocking satellite imagery’s latent potential, hoping to expand current applications and propel the discovery of new use cases. Whether our imagery is being used to reduce wildfire risk, assess the environmental impact of global forestry, contribute to timely 3D reconstructions of urban areas, or monitor carbon emissions from industrial power plants, our mission is to get better data into the hands of decision-makers fast. We’re modernizing how satellite imagery is used by providing near real-time access to our ultra-high resolution data.
What We’re Up To: Albedo is developing a novel approach to the earth observation industry, both in space and with our business model. We are intentionally doing things differently by taking (calculated) risks, trying new things, and moving with speed. Our team believes satellite imagery is a valuable resource that should be made accessible, in every sense of the word. We are committed to our customers, ensuring that what we’re building is what they want. We are playing at the edges of how traditional New Space technologies have been approached, and we want to shake up the industry as it stands today.
Who We’re Looking For: Albedo is launching next-generation, ultra-high-resolution imaging satellites to service a global audience through a modern, cloud-based product interface. In order to achieve this goal, we are looking for a team of people who are both passionate about our mission and are willing to put in the work to design, develop, and test an innovative earth observation concept in the commercial industry. The times ahead will be set in a fast-paced, often uncertain environment, but if you are hard-working, kind, and team-oriented, you can expect a rewarding and purposeful experience.
What You'll Do
- Define, develop, analyze, provide technical oversight of procurement, integrate, and test the electrical power system and related components at all levels of assembly
- Perform electrical systems integration, including design, prototype/lab integration, and flight verification, to ensure all analog electrical aspects of our system will successfully interoperate
- Perform electrical systems analyses such as overcurrent, fusing, wire gauge and connector sizing, transient response, battery capacity, and operational voltage limits
- Define, procure, and integrate electrical power system components: solar arrays, batteries, battery charging circuitry, power distribution, wire harnesses, and point-of-load components
- Define grounding architecture, detailed grounding design, and grounding-related processes
- Own and maintain electrical interface control documents between subsystems and components
- Review and guide subsystem and system EMI/EMC testing to tailor it to our mission needs and address any test findings to an outcome aligned with company objectives
- Define and implement the system level test and verification activities for the electrical power system, including defining and guiding development of the electrical ground support equipment needed for system integration
- Lead the resolution of test or operational issues with your hardware, including determining root cause and corrective action
- Bring and evaluate new and emerging technology options to advance our approach for better cost, SWAP, or performance
- Be on console during launch and early orbit operations as the lead electrical engineer
Ideal Skills and Experience
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus at least 5 years of related experience
- Experience as a technical team leader, guiding junior electrical engineers, technicians, and working with multiple other disciplines to ensure system closure
- Industry-proven expertise in electrical power systems and power systems analysis for space missions
- Proficiency with power supply circuit analysis, wire harness sizing analyses, fusing/overcurrent sizing analyses, transient power system analyses, solar array string sizing analyses, battery discharge and voltage relationships, and ensuring system design closure across both cold low voltage and hot high voltage system conditions
- Previous experience with EMI/EMC testing, the complexities associated with redundant components, derating for space missions, Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA), Electrical Parts Stress Analysis (EPSA), Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), launch umbilical interfaces, and using voltage telemetry on lithium ion cells to estimate actual depth-of-discharge in the presence of measurement uncertainties
What We Believe Are Important Traits For This Role
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively pass on and share your knowledge with others
- Flexibility: We are a small-team doing a lot of things - a flexible and positive mindset is instrumental for success!
- A humble and open mind: willingness to accept feedback and consistently improve upon yourself and the product you will be responsible for
- A high-degree of emotional intelligence: ability to collaborate closely with coworkers in a respectful and empathetic manner
- Belief in the value of diversity: active appreciation of each person’s unique perspective and realization that diversity produces better outcomes
- Alignment and willingness to champion Albedo's Core Values
Compensation and Benefits
- Employee friendly equity compensation
- Remote-first, asynchronous culture with flexible working hours
- 4% direct matching 401k
- Insurance: Medical, Vision, Dental, Mental Health
- Parental leave and childcare coverage
- Relocation bonus for moving to our Denver, CO HQ
- 20 paid vacation days, yours from day one
- 10 company holidays and unlimited sick days
- $100 monthly wellness benefit
- Team retreats to build relationships in-person
$180,000 - $180,000 a year
The typical range we will target for this role will be within the listed salary range, but the final compensation package will be commensurate with the candidate's experience with individual pay determined by several factors including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, education, and training. Salary ranges are determined in good faith by role, level, and location.
Albedo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers email or to Albedo employees. Albedo is not responsible for any fees or overhead related to unsolicited resumes.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel to other possible non-Albedo locations may be required.
Relocation: Relocation for this position is available
Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Additional Requirements: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Albedo is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Questions? Feedback? Feel free to email us at careers @ albedo.com
Avionics Hardware Engineer
Responsible for designing, testing, integrating and the operations of spaceflight avionics and electrical hardware. This position plays a vital role in the success of advancing avionics hardware on various space-based programs.
- Design and develop space qualified Electronics.
- Conduct PCB design, including schematic drawing, layout and routing, symbol and footprint creation, and generation of fabrication files and assembly drawings using Altium.
- Write technical documents such as assembly instructions, test procedures, interface requirements, and test and analysis reports.
- Test using digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, waveform/function generators, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, simulators, power switches, electronic load banks, break-out-boxes, and associated test and measurement equipment.
- Perform qualification and acceptance testing.
- Review payload designs and provide feedback to payload developers.
- Support proposal efforts, provide solutions for proposal challenges, communicate, and document technical approaches, and provide inputs to cost and schedule estimates.
- Maintain inventory and traceability controls for avionics components, sub-components, systems, lab tools, test equipment, and electrical systems.
- 4+ years of experience in Hardware Design and Development.
- Experience with Systems Integration.
- Experience in the Space Hardware industry preferred.
If you would be interested in this position then please apply today!
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Level I)
Miami, FL, USA
Hybrid (c. 50% remote + 50% travel); Full-time; Permanent
An exciting Technical Program Manager opportunity (Level I) has just arisen with a business developing a satellite constellation that will improve humankind globally in the broadband and connectivity sphere.
In this position, you'll be responsible for the program management of satellite and space vehicle subsystems consisting of command and data handling, electrical power, reaction wheels, torque rods and harness, totaling over $40 million in budget.
You will also be leading cross-functional teams consisting of 10/20 people during the design, manufacturing, testing, and delivery of hardware including batteries, solar arrays, harnessing, PCDU, FC and test equipment, either by internal team or by design partners.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field
- Over 2 years of experience as a Project Manager
- Over 5 years of experience as a Project Engineer
- Experience leading electronics projects for the space, aviation or telecommunications industries (experience in complex medical devices projects can also be considered)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Control Account Management (CAM), and Confluence
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD
- Experience with JIRA
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively within cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate documentation
- To comply with sector regulations, you must be either a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Annual basic salary up to c. $130,000
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance (company paid)
- Relocation support (where applicable)
If you have the expertise and ambition required for this position, please submit your application. We look forward to discussing this opportunity with you in further detail.
Senior Director of R&D
At EVONA we are looking for a Senior Director of R&D to join our client. You will be responsible for the strategic R&D developments across the whole technical stack. Specifically, this role will drive long-term technology development, enabling future success and competitive advantages.
The role is targeted mainly towards upstream technology developments (i.e. new spacecraft sensors, technologies, Earth observation techniques, etc.). We are looking for an experienced technology leader who is part technologist and part manager, to develop, own and drive the company’s long-term technology roadmap.
Responsibilities of your role
- Own the company’s long-term technology roadmap and drive the internal innovation cycle.
- Manage the spin up of technology-specific teams, execution of projects, and spin down or spinout/productization of said teams.
- Manage the funnel of new technologies entering the company, and work with senior leadership and business owners to down select the right technologies to pursue based on the business roadmaps.
- Maintain a map of the industry detailing which cutting edge technologies in the fields the company is active in might be relevant in the next 5 years.
- Explore, evaluate and set up collaborations with external partners to develop and source technologies (e.g. academia, public organizations, startups etc.).
- Help secure internal and external funding for valuable projects.
- Contribute to the technical aspects of proposals for bids, grants, tenders etc.
- Be an internal advisor on technology aspects, strategically supporting other areas of the business where needed.
- Be an external technical point of contact for the company, representing at conferences, events, etc. evangelising the company’s technology prowess.
- Maintain the budget of this R&D group.
- 10+ years of work experience in complex engineering projects
- 5+ years of experience managing complex engineering projects, major changes and initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience with “hard tech”/“deep tech”, including electromechanical systems (e.g. space, defense, vehicles, aircraft/drones, medical equipment, consumer electronics), measurement and sensors, software, algorithms, and AI/ML
- Experience recruiting, coaching and retaining high-performance and specialist technical teams.
- A history with hands-on experience developing systems (e.g. systems design, CAD design, PCB design, software development etc.) at one point during the career.
- Experience with project management of large interdisciplinary, multi-year projects.
- Experience working with customers and external stakeholders (e.g. academia, public organizations, startups etc.)
- Experience with system architecture and systems engineering.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Comfortable with travel to visit Spire offices, partners, conferences, trade shows etc.
- Experience working with SMEs outside of their own field of expertise.
- Can design from first principles, supports open-minded thinking.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and strategic thinking abilities with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Previous experience as R&D director, VP Engineering, CTO or other senior leadership roles.
- Experience in the aerospace sector, particularly in earth observation and satellite subsystem and sensor development.
- Experience in geospatial data science and analysis (e.g. Earth observation systems, weather forecasting etc.).
- Experience with high-reliability systems in extreme environments (e.g. space, deep sea, desert, etc.).
- Experience with manufacturing of electromechanical systems, including supply chain management.
- Background in radio communications, remote sensing, data science etc.
- Significant international and cross-cultural experience.
Configuration Management Lead
York Space Systems was founded to radically improve spacecraft affordability and reliability, transforming, and enabling next- generation space mission operations worldwide. Today, York is one of the most innovative aerospace companies, specializing in end-to-end customer solutions and the rapid production of spacecraft platforms. York’s complete Space Segment Solution includes spacecraft production, payload integration, system integration & test, launch services, ground segment services, and mission operations, enabling customers to leverage York’s existing technology solutions to get to orbit rapidly and responsively. We’re looking to expand our team across the board.
York is looking for a Configuration Management Specialist to assist in the daily execution of our PLM system. The ideal candidate has experience in PLM systems and configuration management processes in an engineering or aerospace environment. In this role you will help shape the culture around knowledge management and product definition at York. You will be empowered to shape enterprise-wide procedures with the aim of balancing quality, agility and the appropriate level of control required for a production environment. The ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented team player with a passion for processes and data.
- Work with the engineering teams to author, release, and maintain our product BOMs, program specific Configuration Management Plans and document management plans for key program artifacts.
- Work with engineering, program management, operations, and supply chain for continuous improvement processes.
- Understand department procedures to ensure the proper processing of change orders, the accurate release of engineering items, and the appropriate effectivity dispositions are properly implemented.
- Help develop and maintain training documentation for the proper use of configuration management PLM system, and ensure rules are enforced to meet customer and business requirements.
- Work with project teams to identify configuration items, process releases and changes and maintain the design configuration to ensure accuracy for the enterprise.
- Perform other specialized functions on project basis, as required
- 6+ years of experience executing configuration management in software systems, ideally a Product Lifecycle Management system, including workflow driven methodologies.
- Experience with process development
- Ability to read engineering drawings, ICDs, and other technical documentation.
- Strong communication skills for interfacing with the broader engineering, business teams, vendors, partners, customers and the IT community.
- Experience with model-based definition for type design data
- Experience with Arena and Acumatica
- Experience working in an agile development methodology
At Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBAD), we believe that our strengths are built on our most important resource - our people. Join EBAD and you'll be a part of a team who creates cutting edge technology that will blast us into the future. No other company can match the innovative energetic solutions that we provide. At EBAD you will actively contribute to successful missions putting men, women and satellites into space, and protecting our armed service men and women around the world. If this is the culture and work environment you are seeking, then EBAD is the place for you!
EBAD’s continued growth requires an engineer for the position of Integrated Product Team Lead, Electronics, reporting to the Electrical Team Product Development Manager. The position is located in Simsbury, CT.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer with technical, project management, and process improvement skills to grow as a leader into a new role and gain new experiences.
The Integrated Product Team Lead is a technically oriented project manager for electronics based development programs, focused on detailed project planning and execution. This role will lead a cross functional team through the development of complex electronic systems; translating the project schedule into daily tasks and identifying and removing roadblocks for the team.
Creating a cohesive team and leading the product team through the electronics development process in support of overall program milestones, deliverables, and objectives.
Ensuring electronics development process is adhered to and appropriate steps are included in the project plan. Leading the team through the process during upset conditions to recover and get back on track.
Working with Program Management to ensure customer non-recurring deliverables (SDRLs), reviews (e.g. CDR) and development hardware are planned to support the overall program needs.
Creation and regular maintenance of detailed (Level 4) project schedule.
Management, oversight, and regular communication of team action items.
Ownership of a visual system to lead project team meetings to communicate and align on priorities, measure project team performance, and communicate project status.
Providing leadership and coordination of the design, development, and qualification activities needed to achieve hardware and non-recurring deliverables.
Understanding task interdependencies and managing shifting priorities.
Facilitating internal communication for regular status and issue resolution.
Advises Program Manager on significant schedule risks and impacts.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electronics/Electrical is preferred)
Electronics engineering education or product development experience preferred
Aerospace and Defense product development experience preferred
At least 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of project management or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with product development and/or complex production operations is preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification not required but desirable.
Required experience includes problem solving/root cause analysis, leadership of multi-function technical teams, project management, technical writing and cost estimating experience.
Must have or be able to obtain a U.S Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance and be capable of working on U.S. DoD and ITAR restricted products
Strong interpersonal and written communication
Proficient with Microsoft office suite software (Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
Location: Remote, Belgium/Spain
Do you have experience within the Solar industry?
5+ years of sales, consulting or customer experience?
And a proven track record of high achievement in B2B sales?
If yes, EVONA are working with a start up company that are leading from the front within the solar industry worldwide. Renewable energy companies are using their market-leading software platform to advance construction and maximise performance of solar sites in over 65 countries, by digitalising solar plants with high resolution aerial data.
They are looking for a talented Account Manager to join their Sales team who will take care of the outbound lead process, inbound lead process and attend events, maintaining and growing a realistic and predictable pipeline whilst developing strong relationships with stakeholders in the solar industry. This is a hybrid role that is a mix of new business & account management.
- Perform targeted outreach for the right stakeholders
- Research and understand the customer’s objectives to drive sales through the buying cycle
- Become an expert in the business solutions, value proposition and competitive landscape
- Relay customer feedback and product enhancement ideas Requirements
- Commercially thoughtful and eager to solve customer business problems
- Hard working with exceptional communication skills
- Teamwork, integrity, ownership, and customer focus
- Technical aptitude for novel technologies and analytical problem solving
(Speaking Spanish is essential for this role)
Interviews are taking place ASAP, so please get in touch with Emma Jackson to find out more