Position: Director Group Accounting & Tax
Location: Espoo (Hybrid)
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Finance team and looking for a Director Group Accounting & Tax to join our global Finance Team. You will report to the VP of Finance in this position.
About the role?
You will engage and partner closely with diverse stakeholders in the central finance organization, across our international finance teams as well as external auditors and tax consultants. You will also interact closely with Treasury, Tax Management and FP&A plus in other areas of organization.
As a Director Group Accounting & Tax, you will be a key player of the Finance Operations team in Helsinki. You will be involved in all aspects of accounting for the parent company and all subsidiaries, including IFRS accounting and consolidation, statutory accounting, overseeing VAT and tax reporting. In this hands-on role you will also drive and support for projects and continuous process improvements.
- Leadership and development of a team in Helsinki and globally with various local outsourced accounting teams
- Reduce cycle time to delivery of monthly, quarterly, annual financial accounts and reports while improving completeness and accurateness of financials
- Continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes, controls, policies, and procedures
- Manage consolidated IFRS group financials as well as all legal entity and sub-group financials in accordance with IFRS
- Implement and oversee intercompany accounting processes activities
- Overseeing and assisting with the preparation of tax returns, regulatory reporting and ensuring compliance across all legal entities
- Prepare and provide global transfer pricing documentation & policy
- Define and roll out the ICEYE R2R finance operating model in all subsidiaries
- Act as point of contact for auditors and outsourcing partners
- Actively driving systems and process development projects
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys identifying challenges and then solving them. To succeed in this position, the candidate should have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Experienced managing a team
- Strong technical hands-on accounting knowledge such as experience of
group reporting under IFRS
- Desire to take responsibility and ‘own’ your work
- Proactive approach: you must be motivated to take the initiative to drive improvements and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Wants to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Strong organizational and execution skills
- Excellent communicator in English. This role requires an ability to communicate
in an international work environment.
- NetSuite user expertise, proficient in MS Office in particular Excel
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission