Our client, based in Florida are looking for a Mechanical Engineer II to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a unique opportunity to join a really exciting company in the space sector who are revolutionising access to space through there hybrid-rocket engine.
In this position, you will be responsible for the design, development, installation, repair and upgrade of rocket engine test stands and other system test structures. You will be involved in the cycle of design work, ground testing and flight tests.
- You will have a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or a bachelor’s degree +2 years of relevant experience in rocket motor propulsion system design and testing.
- You have hands on experience in designing and manufacturing of test stands (ideally for hybrid rocket engines (including oxidizer plumbing, structural dynamic loads, and stress analysis).
- You have experience working with and designing liquid oxygen systems, the design and manufacturing of rocket propulsion systems and have the ability with engineering drawings and geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
- You have experience with SolidWorks CAD (or similar).
- You have experience with integration of data acquisition systems and sensors into a test stand.
- You have working knowledge of hybrid rocket engine concept/practises.
- You have an understanding of test methodologies for rocket engines/space launch vehicle hardware.
- You have experience with FEA software, configuration management software/procedures and familiarity with material compatibility for oxidizers.
Please apply to find out more.