Information System Security Manager-Colorado-$110,000-$140,000-New Space
Evona are currently working with an exciting company that develop affordable, full turnkey mission solutions for customers within the New Space sector.
They are looking to recruit an Information System Security Manager to join their expanding team. This role is based in Denver and you would be responsible for managing classified networks and also be involved in the overall Cyber Security and Network security plan
• Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and the system security plan.
• Ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before being granted access to IS.
• Report all security-related incidents.
• Initiate proactive or corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
• Develop and maintain a system security plan (SSP).
• Conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with SSP.
• Ensure configuration management for security-relevant IS software, hardware and firmware is maintained and documented
• Ensure system recovery processes are monitored to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored.
• Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
• Formally notify the appropriate individuals when changes occur that might affect accreditation.
• Ensure that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle.
• Follow procedures for authorizing software, hardware and firmware use before implementation on the system.
• Create/provide security education and awareness training to cleared employees.
• Work collaboratively with the site Facility Security Officer (FSO) to provide support when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree and 6 or more years related to secure information system experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience in lieu of degree.
• Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
• Security Clearance Requirement: Top Secret.
• Administrative knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft 365, and Linux operating systems.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
Security+ certification /CISSP is preferred.