Want to join a vibrant new space company in Luxembourg? We are looking for a FPGA / Communication Engineer, to be be responsible for definition, implementation, simulation, and testing of high-data-rate FPGA-based encoder and decoder for laser communication terminals.
You will also contribute to the architecture of the end-to-end direct-to-Earth laser communication system, and in time, validation of system performance on the ground and in orbit.
You will be heavily involved in design, customization and implementation of encoder/decoder IP cores in VHDL mand Verilog, performing simulations, breadboarding in the lab. You will collaborate with the systems engineer and electronics engineer for assessment of impact on the system design; performing tradeoff analyses, setting performance expectations, and requirements for subcomponents.
- Engineering Degree / several years of professional experience in a relevant position
- Experience with Xilinx and Altera FPGAs and development tools
- Experience in writing complex yet synthesizable VHDL code
- Experience with PHY and configuration of transceivers
- Good knowledge of telecommunications basics, such as channel coding and modulation formats
- Experience in writing and delivering technical documentation
- Previous experience in space projects
- Familiarity with space communications systems
- Experience with fibre-optical equipment and CotS transceivers
- Experience with high-bitrate (>1Gbps) systems