One of our international Space sector clients is currently looking to hire a talented and experienced Hardware Test Engineer to their UK team at the moment. They do some extremely important and cutting edge work, so this is a great opportunity if you're looking to either break into the Space sector (perhaps you've worked in Aerospace, Defence, or some other related engineering field already), or if indeed you have already worked in this sector and you are looking for your next opportunity to make your mark on some fresh new products and projects!
What would you do?
The Hardware Test Engineer is a member of the site hardware team, responsible for end-to-end delivery of the electronics and mechanical test aspects of the satellite hardware. This person is responsible for qualification testing for performance verification and validation, product reliability testing and certification aspects of all satellite hardware. It’s an extremely important role in the team, so we’re keen to hear from you if you think you have the kind of experience we’re looking for below.
You may not have done everything we mention, but if you’ve got most of the essentials and are passionate about a new challenge in the sector, then we want to hear from you.
- Defining and executing test suites to exercise and characterise system and sub-system functionality and ensure all aspects are fully documented and tested.
- Working closely with the electronics and mechanical design teams to debug any design issues.
- Interface with manufacturing transfer teams to ensure successful transfer of production solutions.
- Provide technical training for test procedures and equipment to production and supplier personnel.
- Maintain changes and compliance of the test solution technical data packages including hardware & software design, BoM and related procedures.
- Use or develop competent knowledge in the required regulations applicable to the development of spacecrafts.
- Experience performing pre-compliance radiated and conducted emissions testing against regulatory requirements.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures based on requirement specifications and detailed engineering design specifications and maintain traceability matrix.
- Analyse and collate test results and create test reports suitable for further internal analysis and submission for regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for ensuring the design complies with regulatory standards.
- Engage in project meetings and effective collaboration with the hardware team.
- Reporting on the progress of testing.
- Be aware of project timelines and contribute to the testing aspect of the project plan with relevant tasks and estimated timescales.
- Specification & verification of design for test features to allow efficient production testing of new products.
- Devising process improvements to the efficiency of test activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or similar
- Knowledge of analog and mixed signal components and concepts (ADC, filtering, decoupling, bias voltage/current generation, etc.) and signal integrity on PCB (matching, reflections, etc.)
- Experience with using hardware platforms (e.g. processors/ FPGA/ CPLD) and communication protocols such as CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, MIPI CSI, ETHERNET.
- Working knowledge of automated test tools and scripting languages such as Python, Perl and C/C++ for lab equipment control and data analysis.
- Requirement verification and validation for electro/opto/mechanical software-controlled systems.
- Familiar with Quality systems used to logging/recording all results.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as spectrum analysers, logic analysers, network analysers, signal generators, power meters, oscilloscope etc.
- Practical experience of building test systems and testing early-stage prototypes and final products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Automated hardware testing is desirable.
- Experience of electronic fault finding and ability to debug from the circuit diagram.
- Experience building testing infrastructure for hardware (opto-electronics and electro-mechanical sub-system) and software rigs.
- Experience testing for space systems
- Experience using a clean room environment
- Familiarity with environmental testing facilities like Temperature/Vacuum chambers, Vibration/Shock platforms etc.
- Familiarity with external test houses for EMC/ ESD testing, environmental chambers etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards
Contact Frank White at EVONA at firstname.lastname@example.org today if you'd like to find out more and get your application considered!