We are working with an exciting company hoping to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers humanity's continued use of space.
You will report to the Head of Future Business (Europe) within the BD team and work to develop bids and secure funding. You will have the opportunity to support in a number of BD-related areas including proposal production for commercial sales. The work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, with plenty of opportunities to learn and contribute. This role would suit someone with past experience in bids, ideally in the spacecraft sector or in complex engineering services or products, who wishes to grow responsibility in the end-to-end delivery of bids.
Bid capture management
- Take responsibility for managing and coordinating entire bids, or parts of bids as required, through the bid process from call opening all the way to bid submission (leading or supporting negotiation as needed).
- Control overall production of the bid volumes to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Draw on other relevant teams (as needed for larger bids), including: projects, engineering, procurement & contractual, finance, business analysis teams.
- Ensure bid execution according to bid PA/QA philosophy; conduct bid/no bid reviews and later stage bid reviews (e.g. gold / red team) as appropriate, conduct win-theme analysis.
- Control bid finances, working with finance team and with external partners on multi-partner / consortium-style to assign / control finances.
- Support development of inputs to ESA ministerial and working with other teams, programme financial estimation.
- Lead the development of member state pitch forms, working with business analysis team as needed.
- Keep track of bid opportunities including sources such as ESA, EU, UKSA and make propositions as to what future projects fit which opportunities.
- Maintain a database of future projects suitable for different bid types and opportunities, and work with the business team to support prioritisation of projects and R&D, feeding into service and capability strategy.
- Support sales team with proposal production for commercial opportunities.
- 2-3 years experience working in bid management in the space industry, with a preference for those with experience of the full lifecycle of UKSA and ESA bids e.g. ARTES, GSTP, ITTs, UKSA SST programme.
- Experience of working on bids of various different sizes, from 1 to 2 pager propositions for expressions of interest, to small R&D bids, to larger mission / service proposals of hundreds of pages
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to take initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills including to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong understanding of the space industry and ecosystem.
- Passionate about space with knowledge of the space environment and space debris.
- Postgraduate degree (in engineering where possible).
- Experience of bidding into the following technical domains: in-orbit servicing, active debris removal, space situational awareness. Space segment bid capacity desirable, ground segment bid capacity also useful but not essential.
- Strong commercial awareness.
Please apply to find out more!