Director of Product Management, Incubation
UNITED STATES /
PRODUCT – PRODUCT /
At Bitrise, we’re improving on the way mobile products are developed and deployed for thousands of customers around the world. As the Director of Product Incubation, you will lead a team of product managers to drive business growth by identifying market opportunities and business development prospects that expand the core value proposition of Bitrise. This includes new products, add-ons, or partnerships which start with an idea and ultimately have a Product Market Fit with the desired business outcomes.
MUST HAVE - experience incubating products for software developers, and technical expertise to understand target user & market.
Key Challenges For Role in Next 6-12 months
- Establish a product incubation function with the existing product management team that can solve some of the most challenging Mobile DevOps problems
- Scale Insights Pro business, a new incubation product launched in 2022
- Bring to fruition and successful MVP a new product being currently incubated
- Develop a deep understanding of the market landscape, uncover and size areas of opportunity, develop an incubation product strategy, and drive products from concept to reality
- Define processes and implement tools to support the incubation practice
- Partner across Bitrise to take advantage of established talent and capabilities to accelerate product market fit
- Lead incubation team that solves the most pressing needs and challenges for Mobile DevOps
- Identify a vision, strategy, and direction for new product initiatives
- Establish a repeatable incubation process that consistently produces innovative products
- Develop and execute ideas through all aspects of product development lifecycle
- Drive continuous improvement to improve incubation delivery capabilities
- Coach and mentor a team of incubation product managers
- Ensure investments and major initiatives incorporate broader strategic considerations
- Cultivate strong relationships with Engineering to act as one team for product incubation, while leading your UX Design and Engineering counterparts in problem-solving
- Foster feedback, communication, and product development culture according to company values
Key Stakeholders To Build Strong Partnerships With
- You will partner closely with the Chief Strategy Officer to identify the best opportunities and solutions for maximum impact
- You will partner with research and data teams for market research and will take concepts from idea to execution
Experience and Attributes
- Proven success creating developer focused products
- Demonstrate success in building a team to innovate new software solutions for developers
- Ability to identify and experiment with new opportunities to expand company product market fit
- Experience working on machine learning systems
- Ability to drive innovative products forward in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative and demonstrated leadership across functions and levels
- Extreme comfort with ambiguity, visionary
- Storytelling for executive buy-inKnowledge when to pivot when value, feasibility, viability, or usability is not achievable
- Ability to collaborate across groups and organizations
- Demonstrably strong written and verbal communication (in English)
Bitrise is a continuous integration and delivery platform, built by and for mobile app developers. Our mission? To help everyone build and operate better mobile apps. By streamlining, automating and optimizing recurring mobile development processes, we free up time and resources for creative, interesting and impactful development tasks, resulting in better, faster releases.
As a successful graduate of Y Combinator, we are born of the same DNA as Airbnb, Reddit and Dropbox. Since Bitrise was launched in 2015, we have grown exponentially: Today, tens of thousands of developers release apps via Bitrise, that end up on billions of mobile devices around the world.
Current customers include fortune 500 companies like Virgin or SIXT, and rapidly scaling unicorns like Transferwise, Mozilla and Get Your Guide. Pick up any mobile device, and chances are you’ll encounter multiple apps that were built on Bitrise. Working at Bitrise means contributing to all of that.