EVONA are recruiting a Lead Flight Test Engineer for an expanding start up in Austin TX. The team are building a new form of air transportation, and although relatively early in their journey, have vehicles in production and paying customers.
They are very passionate about fully autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles representing a more effective way to move items and people.
You will be given the fascinating opportunity to own the entire Flight Test program and bring unique products to market.
- Design a Flight Test program by working with the team to identify requirements
- Write flight test plans
- Ensure safe flight operations
- Use simulator to evaluate test plans and risk
- Plan and execute flights
- Produce post-flight reports, including analyzing flight logs and crunching numbers
- Participate in improving flights, flight testing processes, automation and reliability
- Tuning of the aircraft
- Write flight ops related documentation
- Build, maintain and repair the hardware
- Grow the Flight Test Team
- BSc. or MSc. in engineering or flight school
- PPL (minimum), preferred: Commercial, Multi, ATPL
- FAA Medical Certificate (or ability to get one)
- More than 500 flight-hrs
- Experience with >55lb UAVs
- Able to carry 50lbs and work outside for extended periods of time
- Willing to spend the majority of your time away from your desk
- Ability to write code is desired