Senior RF and mmWave Design Integration Engineer
Reading - Onsite
At EVONA, we are looking for an experienced Senior RF & mmWave System Design Integration Engineer to join our client who has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits – all at once. Their ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, to ensure that you stay connected.
We are looking for a Senior RF & mmWave System Design Integration Engineer to join our fast-paced, innovative Active Circuits Engineering team. Reporting to the VP of Microwave Circuits, you will be responsible for designing, simulating, implementing and verifying the circuit and sub-system line up from Antenna to Bits.
As Senior RF mmWave System Design Integration Engineer, you will work with a multi-disciplinary cross-functional team to execute the overall product and system. The overall design cycle will be a mixture of internal and external design, verification and development and you will be expected to be well versed in independently managing such development flow while meeting scheduled deadlines.
The main responsibility of this person would be to thoroughly understand the company front-end mmWave IC from a circuit and design point of view and then use this insight to integrate, co-design, and optimize our Antenna sub-system such that both front-end and back-end behaviours are optimum for the overall system.
• Have a proven industry track record of taking a microwave radio system line up from concept to production.
• Have a proven record in qualifying the radio sub-system as per regulatory requirements.
• Is adapt at working with cross functional team for the project execution.
• Is adapt at quickly building Radio system prototype using a combination of Custom and COTS part either through EVB lash-ups or through PCB implementation.
• Is adapt at defining the test and verification plan and then executing it
• Well versed in Design analysis and simulation of RF system performance
• Cascaded chain analysis for Gain, Noise Figure and Linearity.
• Frequency planning – Mixer Spurious and Filtering requirement
• Well versed in various transceiver architectures like Zero-IF, low-IF and super-heterodyne and trade-offs associated with it
• Well-versed in EM simulation tools such as ADS-Momentum, Ansys-HFSS, or CST. Expertise in one tool is sufficient.
• In-Depth understanding in RF system design and trade-offs
• In-depth understanding RF and mmWave radio board design.
• Good understanding of key parameter of RFIC such as LNA, mixer, PA, VCO, Beamformer
• General understanding of Integer/Fractional N PLL/frequency synthesizer.
• General understanding of data converters (ADC/DAC, Nyquist and Oversampled and sub-sampling scheme).
• General understanding of the DC, Bias Control, Sequencing, and familiarity with PMIC.
• Well familiar with Test Instruments and ability to own measurements especially at mmWave Frequency.
• PNA, Spec Analyzer, Oscilloscope, VSA
• Scripting and automation
• Previous design experience at the system or component level.
• Understing of PCB design from both high frequency, IC integration, and design for manufacturing.
• Phased array and Satellite Communication Experience.
• Follows first time right execution approach.
• Must be able to document and present their work concisely.
• Team player and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver the product on schedule.
• Generous stock options
• Annual bonus
• 25 days annual leave
• Public holidays
• Travel to work schemes
• Fruit, snacks & drinks
• Discounts platform
• Well-being centre