We are on the lookout for a GNC Engineer to join a great organization who are making space stations without compromise. They have aspirational sights, pragmatic footsteps, a proven team who executes and committed funding!
We are looking for someone who can directly work the full product lifecycle of a complex GNC system through all mission phases, including RPOD with multiple large spacecraft.
· Influence overarching GNC hardware, software, and library architecture as you build out team and capabilities, spanning from mission planning to guidance, navigation, control, and simulation.
· Define robust interfaces with flight software, 3DOF mission design, simulation, and hardware-in-the-loop testing.
· Create system designs that meet all requirements (that you probably identified yourself).
· Develop safe, reliable, yet low-cost control of large spacecraft operating as standalone spacecraft or mated structures.
· Verify great designs fit for crewed spaceflight through analysis and test.
· Work with strategic partners, contractors, suppliers, and manufacturing team
· Demonstrated past ownership of complex projects.
· Ability to understand from first principles, not rely on the answers output from a mystery tool.
· A firm understanding of what’s required for a robust on-orbit GNC solution involving multiple spacecraft.
· Excellent working knowledge of C/C++ or Python. Ability to create and tune algorithms in simulation.
· Able to work exceptionally well with the many flight and ground disciplines that interface with GNC.
· 5+ years of experience in control systems, orbital mechanics, and modeling.
· Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field.
Bonus Points for:
· A proven history of success in launch vehicles or space systems.
· Familiarity with industry standards and specifications such as SSP 50808 and ISO 24330.
· Direct experience with rendezvous, proximity operations, and docking, including system verification & validation.
· Direct experience designing and conducting software-in-the-loop, hardware-in-the-loop, and vehicle-in-the-loop tests.
· Experience selecting and operating multiple, dissimilar navigational sensor suites, e.g. LIDAR, star trackers, radar altimeters, etc.