Program Manager – Washington DC / remote.
I am working with a cutting edge, satellite manufacturing scale-up who are looking for a Program Manager to join their team. This is a brand-new role as part of the team expansion, and the successful candidate must be a go-getter, who is happy to work with a hands-on approach.
They operate and control one of the largest commercial, satellite constellations in the world and are directing their capabilities towards the Defence & Intelligence sector as well as monitoring natural catastrophes.
In this role you will be a key member of the team. You will have responsibility for executing their commitment to customers, leading all the phases of the program life cycle. Your primary mission will be the day-to-day management of cost, schedule and performance for the businesses’ programs in National Security, Defense and Civil sectors.
You will be responsible for:
- Establish and manage program baselines and schedules.
- Create, review and execute to program Statements of Work.
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
- This person must be a people person, who is able to interface with engineering, product, operations and software teams to meet cost, schedule, and technical performance objectives.
- Deliver presentations to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Identify, delegate, track, and complete program requirements while measuring and reporting program performance.
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers to meet program objectives.
- Proactively lead risk & opportunity management practices.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and customer-mandated processes, policies, and relevant industry standards.
- Establish and maintain rapport with customers to identify and mature new growth opportunities.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience in the following:
- Demonstrated track record of hands-on program/project management with U.S. Government customers such as NASA, NOAA, Army, Navy, and/or National Security end users.
- Experience as a deputy program manager, project manager, integrated program team leader, cost account manager, or relevant success leading teams to achieve mission success.
- Basic competency in project management skills, tool sets and supporting software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage a project team daily and communicate effectively with both customers and company stakeholders.
- The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Must be eligible and willing to obtain TS/SCI security clearance.
- Ability to travel within the United States (up to 25%) and occasionally abroad.
Non-essential, highly desirable requirements:
- Current and active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Program management experience with the U.S. Civil, Defense and/or National Security sectors.
- Direct experience with U.S. Government acquisition processes (i.e. FAR) and contract management.
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills, as well as excellent verbal communication skills.
- Active security clearance.
- Experience with remote sensing programs and/or products.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup/ scale-up environment.
- PMP would be advantageous.
If this position is of interest, and you want to hear more about their fantastic benefits, then please apply directly or get in touch with Alice @ EVONA – firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from you!