We are recruiting for a Department Director to supervise and lead a Planetary Landers Department. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the number 1, go to companies for NASA in relation to landing people and technology on the moon! With impressive Luna missions, the top NASA backed business is now recruiting for an experienced leader to join their expanding teams.
- Setting strategic long- and short-term departmental goals and evaluating outcomes
- Assigning staff to projects, communicating job expectations, monitoring, and evaluating employee performance
- Managing department overall department budget, overhead budget and forecasting budget requirements
- Coordinating with Business Development to identify new business opportunities and support proposal development.
- Reviewing and evaluating project implementation plans, schedules and budgets developed by Project Managers for overall feasibility
- B.S. in Engineering plus 10 years of relevant aerospace experience
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: structure/thermal design and analysis, avionics, power systems, flight software, mission management, systems engineering, mission operations
- Demonstrated experience identifying, selecting, and developing top talent
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams (30+ employees) in an administrative and technical capacity
- Demonstrated experience operating in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic plans and implementation plans