Our client, based in Florida are looking for a Propulsion Engineer III (Team Lead) to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a unique opportunity to join a really exciting company in the space sector who are revolutionising access to space through there hybrid-rocket engine.
In this position, you will lead a team of engineers who are working to prototype, design, develop and test an innovative hybrid rocket engine-powered small launch vehicle. You will be responsible for design, test, integration and production of the primary propulsion system as we all reaction control system thrusters.
Other responsibilities include providing technical guidance and oversight with regards to research, prototype development and testing. You will oversee propulsion designs, procurement, testing, test results, predictions, manage cost and schedule, identify risks and support on technical proposals.
- You will have a master’s degree in mechanical engineering +8 years of relevant experience with rocket engine research, design or development or a PhD in Aerospace Engineering.
- You have proven experience in leading a team that has delivered projects from conception to production and testing, you have strong knowledge and hands-on experience in designing, testing and launching rocket propulsion systems.
- You have experience in designing propulsion systems, strong knowledge of generating engineering drawings, GD&T and extensive experience in the entire rocket engine design cycle.
- You have experience in managing multiple development and testing programs at the same time.
- You have experience with mentorship programs and developing employees.
- You have a strong understanding of designing lightweight, high-strength structures as well as an understanding of constraints and considerations when designing composite structures.
- You have experience with topology optimisation, structural and multi-physics analysis.
- You have experience with Windchill or similar product lifecycle management software.
Please apply to find out more.