A company leveraging state of the art optics technology is looking for an experienced Geospatial software engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. They are developing their own constellation of satellites fitted with thermal and optical sensors for remote sensing tasking. They are building a market leading product which can provide 10cm resolution through their multi-spectral sensors, the highest resolution from a commercial constellation to date.
You will be responsible for developing the image processing pipelines to transform vast amounts of raw pixel data into useable data for geospatial analytics - turning big data into big information. You will be providing pipelines to process raw L0 data all the way through to L4 with radiometric and atmospheric calibration, geo rectification and orthorectification. You will be at the forefront of geospatial technology, providing image quality unlike anything that has been provided to the commercial industry before.
- 5-7 years in software development within he geospatial industry
- Highly proficient coding in Python, as well as GIS tools like GDAL
- Expert in digital image processing, including knowledge of radiometry, sensor alignment and image sensor technology
- Deep knowledge of radiometric and geometric calibration and validation techniques
- Experience deploying into the cloud using Kubernetes & Docker