The company has a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company solely dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits. Currently they are developing innovative and scalable solutions across the spectrum of on-orbit servicing missions, including life extension, in-situ space situational awareness, end- of-life services, and active debris removal, to create sustainable space systems and mitigate the growing and hazardous buildup of debris in space. They are currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team in our Denver, Colorado location.
In this role you will support proposal activities, contract negotiations and the management and delivery of programs including satellite on-orbit services, satellite delivery, and research and development activities. You will be integral to delivering the on-orbit servicing solutions that will shape our vision of a sustainable space environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and support teams by developing and motivating team members to meet program goals.
- Understand interdependencies between the program, technology, and business operations and needs.
- Support generation of customer proposals, including the development of program cost and schedule data.
- Own the full program lifecycle: start-up, implementation, delivery, and operations.
- Be responsible for all aspects of a program including schedules, deliverables, action items, management plans, risk management, technical developments, and other related activities.
- Work creatively and analytically to solve problems, demonstrating teamwork and innovation.
- Prepare estimates and detailed plans for all phases of the program.
- Conduct customer meetings, discussions, and presentations.
- Actively monitor and manage progress, including technical, cost and quality.
- Provide status reports regarding program milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Support contractual negotiations with customers and suppliers.
- Collaborate with staff
Qualifications & Skills:
- Organized and motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to balance changing priorities and workloads.
- Collaborative communication and interpersonal skills able to influence, persuade and negotiate with all levels of people effectively.
- Experienced professional with greater than 4 years’ experience in engineering, including some project, program, or engineering management.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD in science, technology, engineering or math, or equivalent experience.
Applicants should be a U.S. person or U.S. citizen