Our client, based in San Diego are an established space company who are involved in the design, development, and operation of space camera systems for customers in both government and commercial aerospace.
In this role, you will be working with multiple disciplines to round off the spacecraft design, integration and test team. You will coordinate with multiple vendors, be responsible for the I&T of components, subsystems and full flight systems so will be writing test procedures, creating automated test scripts and executing tests.
This position will see you scheduling test activities, maintaining statuses, ensuring results are reported and any that issues are getting logged.
- Basic skills in mechanical and electrical engineering, with hands on experience in implementing, testing and operating hardware/software for spacecraft.
- You will have experience working in a small team, and be ale to demonstrate leadership, hands-on execution and collaboration.
- You will have experience with spacecraft hardware/software, systems engineering techniques and I&T methods or be willing to learn the areas you are less experienced.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have previous experience working with/on small/micro satellites.
- You have an Engineering or Science degree is strongly preferred.
- You have some familiarity with deep space missions.
- You have some knowledge of Python, Linux and Shell scripting, as well as some experience with mechanical assembly, alignment and other fabrication techniques.