Job Description VP Strategic Capture and Proposal Operations April 2021
Title: STRATEGIC CAPTURE AND PROPOSAL OPERATIONS
York Space Systems seeks a Strategic Capture and Proposal Operations (SCaPO) lead. The SCaPO is responsible for leading, managing and evolving York’s capability to deliver winning proposals. He/she works to ensure York’s capture and proposal operations capabilities evolve to meet strategic objectives. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in capturing new business, running successful captures, and collaborating with Business Development.
The SCaPO manages a team of proposal managers, writers, graphic designers, graphic artists, desktop publishers and proposal coordinators for high priority, high value proposal opportunities. SCaPO manages and maintains of a variety of tools and data repositories such as templates, fact sheets, and style guides.
The SCaPO is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies, regularly interact with all levels of management, staff, and internal customers, and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include business and technical vision, disciplined strategic thinking, analytical presentation and problem-solving skills, the ability to gain internal support, and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationships. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Lead a team of Capture Managers and oversee their Capture efforts.
- Partner with Corporate leadership and the Business Development team to develop superior Value Propositions and Capture Plans.
- Assign and manage capture and proposal operations staff and consultants across specific pursuits to capture new business.
- Coach, and mentor the capture and proposal operations staff to develop win strategies and capture plans for each pursuit including, but not limited to, technical, management, teaming, past performance, schedule, and pricing strategy.
- Gather capture-specific intelligence on the needs of customers and capabilities of competitors to develop superior value propositions.
- Participate in all pursuit reviews including Bid/No-Bid, Offer Baselines, Proposal Readiness, Pink team, Red team, Submit, and others as required.
- Maintain personal and professional integrity with the highest ethical standards.
- Plan staffing of capture managers, proposal managers, writers, graphic artists, etc. using York employees and consultants.
- Interact routinely with all levels York executive leadership.
- Participate actively in capture and proposal preparation as required.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's and technical/engineering degrees preferred.
- 15+ years of experience successfully leading the capture of large ($100M+) pursuits with Federal Civilian, DoD and commercial customers.
- Proven track record of successful capture management across multiple DoD organizations and program offices.
- 10+ years managing senior personnel and teams. Proven track record in mentoring and teaching capture and proposal skills and applying best practices.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling, marketing-oriented proposal narrative and oral presentation slides from scratch as required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Federal business acquisition process, the Federal Acquisition Regulation, and industry standard proposal development (e.g., Shipley)
- Demonstrated success supporting strategic, complex captures for government technology proposals ranging in size, scope, and solicitation types.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and motivate teams to perform highly effectively and efficiently
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance desirable. Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Job Location: Primary job location is Denver, CO