Customer Operations & Satellite Planning Specialist
Irvine, California, United States – Full time
Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
We are seeking a Customer Operations and Satellite Planning Specialist to join our California based team in Irvine, CA.
As a specialist, you would be in charge of handling inbound and outbound communication and requests from existing customers and managing orders for satellite imagery in order to assure timely and accurate delivery. Whilst a technical background in Satellites/GIS/EO is beneficial, the real key here is having someone with great communication skills and who is confident dealing with and assisting with exciting customer clients from, large Space, Defence and Government organisations, to SME's and startups. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual who is passionate about the Space sector and looking for an opportunity to work with some amazing customers in this incredible industry!
If this sounds interesting to you, then read on and click apply and we'll get back to you soon to discuss next steps!
At ICEYE, we are on a mission to improve the quality of life on earth, the quality of our decisions, and the quality of data that drives both. Our growing satellite constellation provides access to timely and reliable radar imagery, day and night, in any weather, to help the environment, advance global infrastructure, manage natural resources, and resolve security challenges. Our team is a tight-knit group of driven innovators that strive for excellence; we don’t listen to those who say it can’t be done, we do it!
In the past two years, we have more than quadrupled our satellite fleet, demonstrated value to government and commercial customers globally, signed agreements with key industry partners, grown our international team from under 50 to over 200 employees, and received significant funding to achieve scale. Building on investor confidence and ongoing mission success, we are expanding operations in the United States.
- Managing communications with key clients (including those in the Space, Aerospace, Defence and Government sectors) regarding their various requirements and requests.
- Improve overall customer experience and satisfaction by holding regular business review calls with the customers
- Manage email communication with customers to ensure customers are kept up to date with their order status, and communicate any changes / delays to the customer
- Resolve customer questions and complaints
- Coordinate/conduct service training to internal and external customers
- Manage orders from submission to delivery of the final product
- Prepare comprehensive feasibility studies for satellite imagery
- Plan satellite resources for taking SAR images
- Quality control SAR Imagery and delivery to client
- Work closely with other teams (i.e. satellite operators, sales, analytics product software) to resolve project and/or customer related issues
- Improve processes and contribute to the existing documentation
- Report to management on key performance metrics or anomalies
- Maintain competent understanding of the company’s products, support and services.
What we'd like to see in your Resume:
- First hand experience Customer Service in a B2B environment (or excellent communication skills)
- Attention to detail and ability to sustain high levels of accuracy
- Team-player attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Competency in Windows OS and MS Office
- Accountability, dependability, responsiveness and quality focus
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Desirable Skills (but don't worry if you don't have these):
- Familiar with GIS/ remote sensing concepts
- SAR background
- Knowledge of EO programs, like SNAP
- Knowledge of Customer Service efficiency metrics and readiness to regularly report on them
- Proficiency in any additional language beyond English
This is a full-time position based here in Irvine, CA. Your standard work pattern will be 8am to 5pm PST. However occasionally we may ask you to work slightly different shifts, e.g. public holidays, or weekends, but this is a responsibility which would be shared fairly between you and the rest of the team.
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.