AIT Lead/Mission Manager
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our US team and looking for an AIT Lead (electrical)/Mission Manager to join our global Team.
About the role?
We are searching for a leader who has the technical skills and hands on experience in Assembly, Integration and Testing (AIT) and coordination through launch.
This role is an incredibly unique opportunity to be part of the manufacturing startup phase
- Responsible for leading all phases of planning and delivery of the Spacecraft from component procurement through spacecraft launch and orbit
- Ensure effective plans are in place to deliver configuration controlled spacecraft to the appropriate quality level, within mission budgets and schedule constraints
- Communicate flight acceptance approaches and testing required from engineering teams for subsystems delivery into the spacecraft build process
- Coordinate all aspects of the launch planning and logistics with the launch provider
- Support launch site spacecraft checkout and launch vehicle integration and test activities
- Post launch commissioning of the Spacecraft and handover into Operations
- Project/Program Management experience
- Electrical Board Verifications
- Subsystem-level functional tests, verifications and troubleshooting
- Electrical system validation
- Operate and troubleshoot electrical subsystems
- Subsystem and system-level hardware assembly
- Test Plan Preparations
- Assist Electronics design team with testing and implementation of new hardware
- US Citizen
- Current TS/SCI clearance or ability to receive one
- Based in CA facility
- Hands-on leader willing to work at the side of the technicians
- Involved in the AIT of operational hardware and the definition, enforcement and monitoring of all aspects from unit through subsystem, system and operational phases
- Strong people skills and demonstrable interpersonal skills
- A degree in a Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics discipline or had significant experience in Systems or AI&T
- Willing to travel to Europe to shadow AIT team through the existing build process for training purposes
- Good knowledge of Python
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering and embedded systems
- Space environment knowledge a plus
- Previous experience in the space industry a plus
- Practical experience preferred (soldering, cable making, PCB assembly/modifications)
- Studies in space technology would be a plus
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.