EVONA is looking to recruit a Senior Radar Systems Engineer to work on a permanent basis for a client based in Irvine.
The company designs and manufactures a variety of Space equipment and you’ll be joining an exciting ever developing team! You will benefit strongly if you have previous experience of either Radar systems, Space industry experience or relatable skills.
- Conduct radar systems assessments, and trade studies to explore and set the radar system configuration, including waveform, receiver, and data acquisition parameter selection
- Develop, prototype, and test radar system models in detailed high-fidelity simulations written in MATLAB and other common industry applications to enable assessments, trade studies, and algorithm development
- Apply SAR image formation and exploitation knowledge to assess and develop signal processing algorithms to support operational implementations and studies
- Develop test plans, conduct tests, and analyze results to verify, and validate radar sensor and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance
- Propose and perform engineering studies for government sponsors and commercial customers to innovate and evaluate space-based radar payloads and algorithms
- Prepare, present, and participate in project design reviews and peer reviews for all phases of radar/SAR development tasks
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, math, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in radar systems with knowledge of end-to-end design, development, and/or assessment, through modeling and simulation
- Experience in developing techniques for radar signal processing, with specific emphasis on Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) preferred
- Demonstrated leadership as well as workload, time, and resource management abilities
- Proficient at MATLAB and/or Python application for radar
- Prior coursework or experience in areas of digital signal processing, probability theory, stochastic signal processing, and electromagnetic theory
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 CFR §120.15 or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- Detailed knowledge of the space-based radar systems or space systems
- Experience supporting Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) use cases in the Intelligence Community or Department of Defense
- Experience in creating efficiencies or novel techniques in collection, processing, and exploitation of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data
- Familiarity with open data standards utilized in the common transport and processing of radar data products
- Familiarity with advanced solution for data storage and analysis
- Experience with C/C++
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
If you feel like you would be suited for this position, please make an application at your earliest opportunity!!!