We are looking for a Project Lead/Project Manager to join a Netherlands based supplier of Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS), Propulsion, Avionics and Thermal solutions for spacecraft. They are a World Leader in Sun Sensors and Pressure Transducers. We offer a varied job in an exciting industry where you play a big part in the provision of innovative solutions for satellites on a global market!
The Project Lead manages all aspects of the programs and acts as a primary point of contact for Customers and is leading the Core Teams (System Engineer and Product Assurance Engineer), while fostering our company strategy (OnCost/OnQuality/OnTime).
The role involves a considerable variety of tasks amongst which are the planning of resources, production and/or tools, preparation of proposals, managing project administration, evaluating and managing the oCoQoT performance of the projects under your responsibility, and reporting to the leadership team on a monthly basis.
• The Project Lead manages Customer requirements in line with the contractual agreements in terms of Compliance, Risk, Schedule, Quality and Cost (Budget).
• The Project Lead is, for the total duration of one or multiple projects, responsible for resource planning, contact with the Customer, definition of the program, quality and profitability.
• The Project Lead is pro-actively engaged to continuously improve the overall project performance
• The Project Lead is responsible for preparing proposals, involving core team members for specific expertise areas or volumes.
• Support the Program Manager with competent and effective organization by selecting, training, appraising, developing and motivating of the Core Team System Engineers.
• The Project Lead is up to date in relation to competitor product development & performance: understands market requirements for current & future products and delivers roadmap input.
• Minimum three years’ experience in a Project Management role in a high-technology, multidisciplinary industry or similar setting
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience in financial management and reporting, including familiarity with ERP and planning software
• Strong communication skills, ability to reflect and knows how to motivate others
• A degree in Engineering
• Driving license and willingness to travel
Strongly valued/desired skills
• Experience in the spaceflight industry, preferably as a satellite equipment supplier
• Knowledge on the current technology status and market related to spaceflight components
• Master or Bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Duty station: Heerle, The Netherlands, with occasional travel needed
We would usually expect candidates to have 3+ years’ experience in relevant fields. The role is open to candidates of any age, gender, orientation, that have or can get work authorization within the EU.