We are working with a unique, leading manufacturer of small satellites for the aerospace and defence industry. Our client provides end-to-end satellite solutions, combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations and in-orbit support.
They are seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly organised Accounting Manager to assist in managing the financial and cost accounting functions for the business. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, including costing accounting related responsibilities, quarterly and annual financial reporting, and external audits. If you are looking for a broad role, with excellent progression opportunities, then please read on!
What you will be doing:
- Month-end close procedures including recording journal entries (cash, fixed assets, prepayments, tax related adjustments, allocations, inventory) and other standard close procedures.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of the monthly reconciliations.
- Ability to self-manage and book or review transactions/accounts to ensure recording in accordance with GAAP.
- Review and book intercompany related transactions; assist Corporate Accounting team in consolidation of financials
- To support the quarter-end and financial reporting (public)
- To support internal and external audit requirements (substantive testing, control specific support, and analytic).
- Lead monthly review meetings with Controller, Director of Accounting and other operational groups to review fixed asset and internal investment projects.
- Manage state tax related requirements including (but not limited to) sales use tax, property tax and others.
- Other duties as assigned.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience in the following:
- 5+ years of work experience and knowledge of US GAAP.
- They are looking for somebody accountable, collaborative, creative and passionate.
- Excellent analytical, accounting, and supervisory skills; ability to establish accounting and analytical procedures.
- Excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Superior organizational skills with attention to detail, excellent project managerial skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment; able to multi-task effectively and meet all established deadlines.
- Self-motivated; highly capable of completing tasks and responding to department requests independently.
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills.
- Strong work ethic & professionalism.
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Highly desirable. Non-essential skills / experience:
- CPA licensure.
- Experience with Dynamics.
This role has several exciting benefits including unlimited PTO, an equity incentive program, 401(k) and much more!
If this position is of interest, please apply directly or get in touch with Alice @ EVONA – firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from you!