Senior RF Systems Modelling Engineer
Reading - Onsite
At EVONA, we are looking for an experienced RF Systems Modelling Engineer to join our client who has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits – all at once. Their ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, to ensure that you stay connected.
We are looking for a RF Systems Engineer to lead the Modelling and development of Wide-band phased array System architecture. The candidate will be part of Electronic System Modelling within the Active Circuits Engineering. The candidate will also play a critical role in modelling, defining, and realizing the final products where the Custom ICs along with other active component will create the advanced feature of the system. Need to have In-depth understanding of the Digital communication systems.
• Work with team members to partition communication system functions between HW/SW and analog/digital domains.
• Simulation and in-depth modelling of the communication systems from the perspective of the custom RFIC and ASIC design, determining the RF impairments and their impact on the system performance parameters in the full communications system.
• Extend the RFIC, ASIC modelling to Phased array system level and assess the impact of impairments.
• Deriving RF HW specifications for the RF system, RF blocks and internal/external developed ICs.
• Lead the designing compensation and calibration loops crossing RF/Analog/Digital, RFIC/ASIC, Modem/DSP and other protocol boundaries.
• Work cross functionally to evaluate and characterize prototypes and RF systems.
• Participate in all phases of internal/ external RFIC and ASIC design, from concept to mass production
• Contributes towards high-level RFIC and ASIC design requirements and block-level micro-architectures, partition design within RFIC/ ASIC (to some extent on FPGA as a SDR), create internal specification documents
• Must have previous experience specifying and performing analysis and simulation of systems containing both linear and non-linear blocks such as phase-locked loops, vector modulators/demodulators, oscillators, mixers, filters, multipliers, synthesizers, power amplifiers, ADC's and DACs.
• Must have previous experience in signal processing and DSP/modem design and be able to model and trade off solutions between analog and digital domain.
• Must have previous work experience in digital communication systems, OFDM, spread spectrum and single carrier techniques and modulation types such as QAM, QPSK and APSK.
• Previous experience with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analysers, vector signal analysers, vector signal generator, network analysers.
• 10+ years of industry and/or research experience in RF/microwave circuit design, system design and/or digital communications/modem design.
• Experience in building and modelling RF systems in Matlab/Python, SystemVue or ADS Ptolomy.
• Have specified and developed full communications systems in cellular, cable modem or similar systems.
• RF/microwave design using Agilent ADS, Genesys, HFSS, or AWR Microwave Office
• Understanding of electromagnetic propagation and antenna systems
• Digital communication theory with emphasis on bit error rate and system noise figure
• RF/microwave design in the Ku-band and Ka-band frequency range.
Digital Communication System
• Knowledge of different digital modulation techniques (e.g. PSK, QAM, OFDMA, etc.)
• Knowledge of wireless communications systems and standards (e.g. LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.).
Phased Array/ Beamforming System
• Direct satcom experience would be highly desirable.
• Familiarity and experience in Phased array system modelling and associated impairments would be highly desirable.
• Generous stock options
• Annual bonus
• 25 days annual leave
• Public holidays
• Travel to work schemes
• Fruit, snacks & drinks
• Discounts platform
• Well-being centre