We are looking for an experienced Configuration Management Lead to join our Aerospace client based in Denver.
The successful candidate will assist in the daily execution of their PLM system. The ideal candidate has experience in PLM systems and configuration management processes in an engineering or aerospace environment. In this role you will help shape the culture around knowledge management and product definition. You will be empowered to shape enterprise-wide procedures with the aim of balancing quality, agility and the appropriate level of control required for a production environment. The ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented team player with a passion for processes and data.
- Work with the engineering teams to author, release, and maintain our product BOMs, program specific Configuration Management Plans and document management plans for key program artifacts.
- Work with engineering, program management, operations, and supply chain for continuous improvement processes.
- Understand department procedures to ensure the proper processing of change orders, the accurate release of engineering items, and the appropriate effectivity dispositions are properly implemented.
- Help develop and maintain training documentation for the proper use of configuration management PLM system, and ensure rules are enforced to meet customer and business requirements.
- Work with project teams to identify configuration items, process releases and changes and maintain the design configuration to ensure accuracy for the enterprise.
- Perform other specialized functions on project basis, as required.
- 6+ years of experience executing configuration management in software systems, ideally a Product Lifecycle Management system, including workflow driven methodologies.
- Experience with process development.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, ICDs, and other technical documentation.
- Strong communication skills for interfacing with the broader engineering, business teams, vendors, partners, customers and the IT community.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with model-based definition for type design data.
- Experience with Arena and Acumatica.
- Experience working in an agile development methodology